On July 22, 1952 a house on Outer Drive was raffled off as a major fundraiser for the parish. Governor G. Mennen Williams drew the winning ticket. A Building Committee was established and a drive was begun to raise funds for the new church and rectory as well as for repairs to the existing buildings.

Fr. James Murphy was assigned as an assistant in 1954. It was largely through his efforts that the Athletic Field (which now belongs to the City of Allen Park) was purchased. Originally it was hoped it would be home to a central Catholic High School; however, when that did not happen, it became a permanent athletic field for our parish.

On September 12, 1954, groundbreaking ceremonies were held for a new church and rectory. Fr. Buhl, our pastor, celebrated the first Mass in the new church in November of 1955. Soon after the priests moved into the new rectory and the Credit Union moved into the old rectory on Allen Road.