During the summer of 1980 cement work, including a handicap ramp and new railings were installed outside the main entrance of the church. New outside lighting on the school, hall and convent was installed and electrical updates were made in the rectory.
Fr. Raymond Buhl, pastor from 1945-1971, died on September 5, 1980 with his funeral Mass celebrated here on September 8th.
Fr. Witkowski was transferred in October of 1980 with Fr. James Curtin arriving in December as our new pastor.
Fr. Lawrence Pettke was assigned as our associate pastor in 1981. The same year Fr. Sydney Fernandes (Fr. Chico) was assigned on a temporary basis. He left in the summer of 1982.
The dedication of our new Casavant organ was held on May 14, 1982 with a dedicatory recital by our music minister.
The Worship Center Interior Renewal Committee (WCIRC) was formed in 1985 to consider and study the possibility of renovations to the interior of the church. Due to parishioners objecting to proposed changes, the committee was eventually disbanded with no major changes being mad.
Fr. Ronald Alder, who was assigned here briefly in 1976, returned as an associate in 1986 when Fr. Larry Pettke was reassigned.
Fr. Joseph Nagaroor, from India, arrived as a new associate in 1988 when Fr. Ron Alder was transferred. Fr. Joseph also ministered to the large Kerala India community in the metropolitan Detroit area.